Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hope-full

One of my amazing former students wrote me this note. I am so incredibly moved by her words and the beauty in them that I asked her if I could share it. I am so blessed by Ellie and by her gift with words and by her uncanny ability to speak to my heart. I hope you also can appreciate her beauty. Thank you Ellie for touching my heart and allowing me to share your precious heart with others.

Hope-full
I must tell you that I think about her every day. I think of all the wonderful times we would have had when she was older and I could tell her all of the crazy stories I know about you, and joke that her mother is one big English nerd, and made me who I am today. I would tell her of all the love we all felt for her the minute we knew she was coming. I would tell her of all the love and pain we felt when she went straight to God instead.

You are a wonderful mother. I know she feels unbelievably loved and will never be forgotten, not even when we have others of your children to recollect stories to and to play with. I miss the times I would have come over and stared at her, because I know she would have been unbelievably beautiful inside and out like her mother.

I love you, and I know I'll see her one day and so will you.

Your daughter,
Ellie

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I love how God works! This is beautiful. Thank you Ellie.

Stacey said...

Oh that is amazing.