Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Essays, Done!

I was a bit worried about my stack of 110 essays when I hopped in the car to spend the weekend with my sister. But my philosophy this year (or the one I'm trying desperately to adhere to) is that God will provide the time I need to get things done and the rest I need to care for my body. So although I worried, I hopped in the car and let it go.

Worry crept back Monday night as I sat down to grade and only got through 30 essays. How was I ever going to finish the rest of the stack by Thursday? I have so many other things scheduled in my week, things I'm not willing to give up (Bible study with Lori and Young Marrieds Bible study, dinner with Jon and Kirsten who just moved back to town, phone chat with Lindsay), but all of these essays...

Yesterday I became the essay grader wonder woman! With uncanny speed I read through 80 essays yesterday and still managed to get to bed on time. This must be God! He supplied for my need. He knew my schedule; He knew that He had important places for me to be and relationships to build on this week and He took care of my worry. He also was aware of my new philosophy and my propensity to give up if I don't see results, and He showed me results.

God so intimately knows my heart and needs. He is well aware of my schedule and what needs to be done, and He will take care of it if I put my faith in Him. So I'm elated to say that my essays are done and God has cleared my schedule for more important things, like my relationships with people. God so totally rocks, dude! (If you missed the Disneyland reference there, you need to come on our next trip! I'm sure it's on the horizon!)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh my word - I am SO jealous. SO jealous I tell you. I Need You is one of my absolute favorite songs. I bet it was an amazing show. I'm excited for you, even if I may be jealous.