Monday, August 6, 2007

Faith and Tim

We're on a first name basis now that I stood four feet away from them Friday night at their concert! That's right, my amazing Mom bought my sister 6th row tickets to the show and my awesome sister invited me to come along! I happen to think that Kevyn is the only person in the world I could have truly, truly enjoyed the show with (and probably my mom) because we have such a deep love for these two performers. I think Kevyn is a bigger Tim fan, and I'm the bigger Faith fan, but we both love them both. And more than loving their performance and their music, we love the two of them as a couple. I'm sure this isn't a rare thing amongst country fans, but their deep affection for each other as evidenced in their music and on stage are just inspiring.



It's hard to explain the most amazing parts of this whole evening because it all was priceless, but I'll give it a shot. Both Faith and Tim, but especially Faith, are the "most beautiful people you'll ever see up close" (to quote Never Been Kissed). Faith's beauty just resonates from her voice (still gives me goosebumps to think about), to her graceful movements about the stage, to her tender way with the fans. I cried when she squatted down to speak with a little girl who had made her a picture and in response Faith took off her scarf and placed it around the little girl's neck. Such goodness of heart! To my great joy she sang "Lucky One" while on our spoke of the stage! (The stage has four spokes, and we could see three of them--the fourth was beyond our sight--but the one closest to us allowed us to be inches away from touching Faith's hand! In fact I took a rather ungraceful fall in attempts of touching her hand. Oh well, that is truly the Katie way of doing things.)






Tim is one of the sexiest men I have seen live and in person. Not only is he gorgeous to look at (let's be honest, what man in a cowboy hat with a guitar isn't?) but his voice just seals the deal. We were so close we could see all three of his tattoos (a cross, Faith's name and a Jesus fish) and his belt chain, which had the initials of Faith and his three daughters. Talk about intimacy! Tim is an amazing performer because he gets the crowd all fired up. We were a very lively crowd and as a result he did "The Ride" version of "Real Good Man", which isn't an every night occurrence. And of course I completely teared up when he sang "Lay Me Down". Those weren't the only tears; Tim, like Faith, has a great heart, and he serenaded an older woman sitting near the stage. As she sat mesmerized by his attention and gorgeous voice, he gave her a kiss on the cheek. What a once in a lifetime experience! On our side of the stage Tim sang "She's My Kind of Rain", one of my favorites! Ah, I again have goosebumps.











But I think the highlights came whenever they sang together. "It's Your Love" was my favorite, but they opened with their own version of "Chasing Cars" that was awesome! "Angry All the Time" is one of my favorite songs, so them singing that together was amazing. But the most sensual moment of the concert was when they rose up out of the stage on chairs facing one another. Sharing a mic they sang "I Need You". While Tim sang, Faith looked lovingly into his face. While Faith sang, Tim leaned his head onto her shoulder. And as Faith held out the last note for over a minute the tension mounted between the two, and as the note faded away they shared a passionate and fiery kiss! So hot! I've decided that the best way to a steamy marriage is to sing duets together!







So thank you Kevyn and thank you Mom for this once in a lifetime experience full of goosebumps, tears and singing at the top of my lungs! I will never forget it as long as I live!

2 comments:

mama Ker said...

WOW!! My heart is full of your joy!

PrincessKevyn said...

It was truly all that you described!!!! Thanks for the wonderful memories! Thanks to our amazing mother to!!! I love you both!!! Best concert ever!