Sunday, January 4, 2009

Home sweet home

I know this is the long awaited post. It seems like an eternity ago that I posted pictures from our first night in the house. Since then there's been painting, packing, moving, unpacking, organizing, and finally the feeling of settled! I'm so happy to feel settled before starting school tomorrow; I can't imagine trying to teach and still deal with the house. Of course there's now tons more space to clean, but we're so happy to be home. SO I'll post all of the before pictures (with the original owner's stuff in it and sans paint) and the after pictures (taken with all of our stuff and paint colors filling the house.) The after pictures were taken today and also include me with my newly cut hair. I donated to locks of love yesterday in memory of Aunt Kelly. I think she'd like the hair and the house. :-)

So here we go! Before:



















Sorry they aren't in order (blogger hates me today!) The following are pictures of the painting crew and the house after moving. Enjoy!






















The last two are from earlier on in the house buying process, but they give a pretty good view of the front of the house. Suffice it to say, we are SO excited to have each of you over. I can't wait to cook for you in my new kitchen and Herb can't wait to play Wii with you in the living room! We hope you enjoy our home as much as we do!

4 comments:

LindsayMarie said...

Wow...the paint and the fillings look great!!! I can't wait to see it in person!

Dawn said...

First off you must have had really long hair if you donated and still have relatively longish hair. Second, I really like the house and the paint job. Looks homey. Next, is that Shiloh in the painting picture? Finally, I LOVE your kitchen! I'm so happy for you guys.

Stacey said...

You look so at home in the kitchen! And I love the Mickey shower curtain :-)

Leatrice said...

Ok, you got a wii? I love your kitchen cabinets, are they birch? You have an iron security door, I'm jealous. The room with the glider, looks like nursery potential, awesome. Abe Lincoln picture, love it!