Saturday, December 18, 2010

God's Promise

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

I think this is one of my new favorite verses! For the last year I have confessed, professed, my Hope in Jesus. My daughter's name was no accident--Hope was named to remind me of the great Hope I have in my heavenly Father. Hope's name proclaimed a virtue I most adamantly hold to and believe in. Hope testified to the great anticipation I have in knowing Jesus, that someday I will meet my Father and someday I will again hold my precious daughter. And I can hold to this hope because "He who promised is faithful."

Herb and I have been asked often what our little girl's name will be. Herb wanted to hold out on sharing her name but has since changed his mind. In his desire to be silent, I would often tell others that I could not share her name, but that I would say her name means "God's promise". Of course, Google being the powerhouse that it is, people would then email me their guesses. I could never confirm or deny, but often they guessed incorrectly.

I am happy to get to share her name with others because it holds to me just as much meaning as Hope's does. Forever this little girl will be a reminder that "He who promised is faithful." She is a fulfillment of God's promised joy amidst our anguishing sorrow. She is a fulfillment of God's promised Hope for the good He had in store. She is a fulfillment of a calling I believed with all my heart God had for Herb and I--to be parents. This little one embodies so many of God's promises and I love that her name reflects just that.

If you've read this far then you definitely deserve to know the name of our daughter. Coming in March we will be welcoming Isabelle Noelle to our little family! She will be a delight and a light to all who know her, and I can't wait to meet her!

No comments: