Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thanksgiving and Super Bowl Sunday

Well, unlike everything else in my world, at least my health is predictable. For as long as I can remember (which honestly is only about 4 years at this point) I can set my watch to being sick the week after Thanksgiving and the week of the Superbowl.

It's come to the point where I'm convinced I should just write sub plans for the week after Thanksgiving and place a sub request even before going on break. And likewise, I should always plan to watch the Superbowl half asleep in my PJs drinking Sprite and eating saltines.

Although it's quite disappointing to be sick the week of the Superbowl and the week after Thanksgiving, at least my waist line can rejoice. What better way to shed those Turkey pounds than hating the taste of food for a week? And what better way to avoid the nachos and pizza than to have no appetite the day of the big game? (In actuality, this is probably the most disappointing part of this whole sickness thing. Who doesn't love a good excuse to eat potato skins and mozzarella sticks?!?!)

Needless to say, I'm fighting my annual flu/cold and wishing myself well by Sunday. A doubtful result, but one can hope to break the cycle. One can hope.

No comments: