Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Access

Apparently I'm going to operate in quotes for a while.  My brain is too overloaded to think of anything original. :-)  Anyway, this quote doesn't reiterate something entirely new, but it says an old truth that I value in a new way.  

"But no matter the core event that created your fault line, please hear this wonderful, incredible, life-changing good news: No matter what we've done or what's been done to us, no matter how deep our wounds or how damaged our spirits, we have a mighty God who is able to redeem our darkest moments and deepest fears.  A loving Father who promises to keep watch at our points of vulnerability, to strengthen us where we're weak, to correct the lies that have led us astray, and to heal the rifts in our souls.

But only if we give Him access."
Joanna Weaver Having a Mary Spirit

As I read this quote I was thinking "Yes, yes, yes! Thank you Jesus! Oh...am I? Am I giving you access?"  Giving Him access requires a level of vulnerability not usually linked with a wounded spirit, which is what makes it such a powerful act of faith.  I want to have that much faith because I want all of those things promised in the paragraph above.  It's worth it to give Jesus an all-access pass, now I just need to do it.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Amen!

And here's a thought. You mentioned wanting to have that kind of faith. What if you already do? What if you already do and just need to believe that you do and then walk in it?

Just a thought.

Dante explorer said...

Nice post. I've found that God will often grant that access pass in the form of a cross.