Sunday, November 2, 2008

What do you do with a Juicy suit?

If you're a Scottsdale girl, a Juicy suit is the thing for you. You can trounce around town in a $150 work out suit and still feel that you are adhering to the fashionable, couture thing. If you are me and shop and Kohl's and Target for your clothes, the purposing of such a thing becomes a little harder to come by.

First of all, any article of clothing that requires me to go without underwear becomes very low on my list of attire to don. Secondly, I have a hard time wearing something that draws attention to my rear end; it sticks out enough thank you! So when my mom so lovingly gave me a Juicy suit last Christmas because she wanted me to feel included with my sister, and I think more importantly, because she found it on clearance (my kind of mom!), I was left with one question: What do I do with a Juicy suit?

Luckily I purposed this attire on Friday night. Halloween arrived and with it the need for a costume. I had given no thought to this whatsoever, and thus was wondering if we could even attend a party that night. At work I mentioned that Herb could be a football player, and I could be a baseball player, when one of my co-workers interrupted. "One year my boyfriend and I didn't know what to be, so he threw on one of his football jersey and I teased my hair, put on a ton of make-up and wore a huge fake diamond ring. I went as his trophy wife!" Brilliant! I loved the idea! And what attire is more fitting a trophy wife than a Juicy suit! So Herb went as Jake Plummer and I went as his trophy wife. I embraced the trashy: chewing gum obnoxiously, making stupid jokes, donning my blue tooth around the house, and flaunting my ring and my thing! It was quite an enjoyable costume if you ask me.

I thought you all might relish some pictures of my Juicy suit's debut in Katie's world! Try not to laugh too hard.



2 comments:

Leatrice said...

I think next year you should trade outfits and you can go as the football player while Herb gets to wear your juicy suit...it would be oh so hilar! :)

Dawn said...

Oh my word, that is hilarious!