Sunday, November 16, 2008

Homeowners!

Herb and I went house hunting again yesterday. While I was anxious about trying to find a different house, one that would rival the original house, I was excited to hopefully find a place we could call home. We looked at a house right next door to Mark and Rachael and LOVED it! It was three bedroom and very spacious with a fireplace. Herb and I were pretty convinced this was the place, but we decided to keep looking since our Realtor had made appointments in other locations.

After cruising through a few others, we found a beautiful home at Houghton and Valencia. It is four bedroom, similar footage to the one next to Mark and Rachael, and had an adorable family-friendly back yard. This house would include all of the appliances, the security system, and the swing set in the backyard. We were torn because we loved it equally with the first house. We spent lunch and the rest of the afternoon deliberating, went back to the house near Mark and Rachael, and finally decided to put an offer on the Vail house.

This morning we signed the offer papers; it is owned by very stable sellers, no short sale to be told, so we expected to hear by tomorrow afternoon. Two hours ago we received a phone call. They countered for a little more than we offered, but much within our price range, in fact the same we were hoping to pay for our original house! Plus, we don't have to buy the appliances as we would have had to with the original house! So we accepted it! We will soon be homeowners, saving any big problems! We will close December 17th and be "home" in time for Christmas! Or at least painting in time for Christmas! I'm so excited! I love it and the home is beautiful! If you'd like to check out pictures head to:

http://tarmls.com/
Click on Public Search
Listing number: 20836190

There are tons of pictures! Check them out, tell me what you think, and tell me if you have any decorating or paint color ideas! You know I need the help! Thanks for your love and support through this whole process! We'll impose on you just a little longer to help us paint and move in! Can't wait!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay for buying a house! Home Depot has a lady who will come to your house for $50 and help you pick out paint colors, and then you get a $50 credit toward your paint purchase at Home Depot, so basically it's free. It was a huge help to us and we got exactly what we wanted. She was great and really gave us great ideas. If you want to go with her, get an appointment scheduled because word has gotten out about this service so she gets booked a lot faster than when we had it done.

mama Ker said...

WOW!! I have tears in my eyes as I look at the pictures! It is charming and looks like home....I had just been thinking the other day about swing sets and what a pain they are to put together but how wonderful they are to have! So some small prophetic thought? Or just a blessing for you!! Congrats Katie and Herb! I look forward to many family memories created!!

Dawn said...

Oh my word, Katie, I love it!!!! It's so cute. (Too bad you don't get to keep that cool red and black rug in the family room). I can absolutely see your White Christmas, snack eating (particularly those pb balls) gathering taking place in that space. I can't wait to see the pics of you and Herb (and the future little Garcias) inside.

Leatrice said...

wish I could see pics mrs. I-didn't-save-the-tarmls-pics! Anyhow, I'm so happy for you two and I can't wait to invite myself over :) Also, I will be helping you paint and the paint we used (and I would recommend) is Glidden from Home Depot in Satin finish. I'm glad we did the satin because it's not quite as shiny as semi gloss and it's washable (for bathrooms etc) and doesn't pick up grease or fingerprints (like flatter paint). I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT!

Kacy said...

Congrats Garcias!!!! We can't wait to move you in!