Sunday, December 14, 2008

Have you seen me?

No? Me neither. This month has resulted in my disappearance. The combination of sickness, Christmas, the end of the semester and moving has caused me to fade away. I feel badly that I am not the same level of available to people that I normally am (which is limited in the first place), but I just can't seem to float to the surface. The only person who has really seen me is Herb, which has actually been a nice opportunity for us. We have shopped together, packed together and been sick together. While that has sometimes resulted in frustration or annoyance it's mostly been a wonderful time of working together.

I have been so blessed and in awe of the way in which Herb has handled the house details. Without prompting he has taken care of details that I didn't even think of. He's called and set up utilities and insurance, arranged meetings with the realtor and the title agency, and he's handled the loan questions. I have really seen his strengths come out, his ability to manage money and understand the processes necessary for success, which has been such an amazing gift. If I had to think of and deal with these details, who knows what would have gone undone! Praise God for my amazing husband!

My hope is that once we have moved into our house, we will have the place and time to open up our lives again to others, to resurface from the craziness. I look forward to that time! Until then...I'm still here, even if I'm hard to find. I'll post pictures of my crazy life after next weekend. Hopefully you'll be able to find me in a painted house!

No comments: