Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Nightmares

My mom always says I should keep a dream journal and document the insanity that is my dreams. Last night/this morning is no exception. I woke up this morning to use the potty, which put me on bladder infection alert, always does, and thus I laid awake for about 30 minutes trying to shake fear and fall back asleep. The result of this experience was a nightmare. So here it is, dream journal entry number one:

I am watching TV with my mom and sister in the basement of some house (definitely not mine). In walks Dr. Epps from the TV show Numbers and Dr. Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds. They begin searching through the basement to analyze a cage-type work space that is full of bizarre papers with mathematical equations on them. After taking a few items "back to the lab" they leave us alone in the basement watching TV. Kevyn's fallen asleep and Mom has climbed the stairs to bed, and I'm all alone trying to watch the end of the show when a creepy man begins staring at me from the cage. He is saying something that I can't quite make out, so I try to wake Kevyn up. She rouses but doesn't see him. So she begins heading to bed and I begin running away.

I race to the bathroom looking for any possible defense against this monster, and I hear a running dialog, as if I am actually apart of the TV show. The narrator is explaining that this man has not yet decided if he wants to murder me, he is just considering the possibility. At this I begin to scramble harder to find a defense; I see myself throw deodorant and cough drops on the floor in search for the acetone. I think I can put a sprayer on it and spray his eyes until I get away. I throw the acetone in his eyes, he becomes agitated, and I flee. Apparently Reid and Epps have called the cops because sirens begin blaring and the man runs out the front door. But the sinister narrator calls out that this has started a new antagonizing serial killer and he'll be back tomorrow.

That morning at breakfast I try to explain to my mom, Kevyn and a few students who are there the terror over what might still be to come. They claim that it was just a dream, it couldn't have really happened that way, and they're sure I'm safe. As I pour OJ onto my cereal and we try to situate ourselves outside, I am not so convinced...

Scary huh? Hopefully he truly doesn't return tonight and has only stalked my dreams this once. I suppose only time and sleep will tell.

No comments: