Thursday, July 23, 2009

Another non-coincidence

I really don't have time to write, but I feel so compelled to share how God coincides moments of my life. I've been listening diligently this week to Watermark's All Things New CD, one of my favorites. Specifically I wanted to listen to Who Am I? after reflecting on the lyrics in reading through my old blogs. But I also happened upon many other amazing songs, specifically You are My Stronghold. They just resonated with where I am right now. Here are the lyrics:

Lord you are my light and my salvation
Whom shall I fear if you are near
Lord you are my peace when there is war all around me
And even here inside me I will have no fear

Oh Lord you're my protection from my enemies
You set me high upon a rock and You defend my soul
And when their ways advance against me
I am confident that they cannot make me less, for you have made me whole
O Lord, you are my stronghold
You are my stronghold

Lord you are my strength so let my head be lifted up
That I may glory in the ways you've overcome
Lord you are my home because you've created in me,
a heart that lives the victory that you've already won

I've also been reading through the "Do not be afraid" passages in scripture (there are 365! Isn't that amazing!?) I happened upon Psalm 27, which is the passage that most of these lyrics are drawn from. The words are so powerful! AND there is also a passage from one of my favorite songs in high school, One Thing that I Ask, that used to get me through tough times. I don't think these words resonating in my heart in different forms is anything less than God's providence, and I just find that exciting!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

How/where did you find out that there are 365 don't be afraid passages in scripture?

Katie Sue said...

Honestly, I am going off of the word of someone else. But I'm trying my best to make my way through them all, so I should have a count soon enough. :-)