Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Peace that surpasses understanding

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:6-7

These last few days I've been at peace, not striving, not anxious, just at peace. The doubts I have had over the last few months about not ever being a mom have been quelled. I have been saying to others that I'm not sure if it is a peace that God will eventually grant me the gift of being a mom or if it is a peace that God is going to do whatever He sees fit for my life, it is just an undefined peace. My friend Lori said that maybe I've just been granted a "peace that surpasses all understanding." God has granted me peace, peace that I can't explain or comprehend, peace that doesn't make sense despite my circumstances. This peace seems fitting because I know many have been covering me with prayers for that exact thing--they have laid their requests before God on my behalf. And I have found myself in the middle of answered prayers, in the center of unexplainable peace. I love to see how prayer and scripture move in my life, and I am grateful for the ways God has allowed them to move in my life. I am thankful for the peace which surpasses understanding because without it I'm not sure how I would get through each of these days.

1 comment:

Kacy said...

Praise God for providing you His peace. He is faithful to His Word.