Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Planning Period

I so enjoyed blogging on Monday that I decided that it wouldn't be horribly inconvenient to attempt blogging during my planning period during the week. It may not be consistent, but it at least will give me something to aim for. I may not fall off the face of the earth after all.

I should be planning during my "planning" period, but I'm having a mental block. It's not just at work either. I forgot three birthdays last week, which if you know me it's not Katie-like at all. So much of my life is in limbo right now. No news on the house, no concrete job for Herb yet, no vision at school and no concrete emotion. I can't really describe or name where I am, which apparently stops me in my tracks. According to Melinda I make her "name" things, a process that I do myself. I name how I'm feeling. I name the situations I am living through. I name the people in my life. Not so much name calling as calling it like it is. Observing and identifying how things work and why they matter. This brain block of mine has kept me from "naming" happenings in my life and I don't know what to do with myself when I'm in that place. Suffice it to say, I'm in a limbo.

I suppose this is what some would call waiting on the Lord. Normally when I think of that phrase I envision waiting for something specific or guidance in a particular area. I've never had the experience of waiting on the Lord for some undefined purpose or idea. Waiting on the Lord for a sign of where I'm going. But that's okay. It's something new; a new experience in my walk with Jesus. So I guess I'm not really in a "planning period" right now; I'm in a waiting period. May the Lord give me a wide soul as I await His leading.

No comments: